This Page

has been moved to new address

Armchair BEA: How to Reach Outside the Blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Armchair BEA: How to Reach Outside the Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Armchair BEA: How to Reach Outside the Blog

No, I don't have moves like Jagger.
Happy 4th day of BEA all! I won't be ranting much about any money making ideas since I don't do much of that on AWR. Maybe down the road, but right now I just have fun sharing my thoughts. Writing has always been a big part of my life, and this is why I ended up going into Public Relations.  Another big passion of mine is music. I honestly don't remember how or why I started, but through the wonders of the internet, I began promoting music through street teams around the age of sixteen. I realized that I really enjoyed it because it was the one thing that had me get out of my shell. It forced me talk to people I wouldn't otherwise talk to and had the added perks of getting to listen to brand new artists. Through this, I made a lot of random friends around the country that I'm still close with today. When I got to college, I thought it'd be amazing to combine the two and that's how I went into PR. This blog and random internet projects have led to a lot of fun internship opportunities for me because I express myself when chatting with people. All in all, I think the two biggest pieces of advice I could give is to first off, not be afraid of starting a conversation. If you feel like getting to know someone, shoot an email or instant message. I personally find random conversations to be super entertaining! Secondly, stay true to who you are. Your voice is what makes you the person you are. Forget about impressing people and just enjoy whatever it is you do. The passion for things you enjoy will always show in your work, so enjoy it.

Want to start a conversation? Shoot me an email or add me on Skype at username dreamzofx23!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Elle said...

You seem so nice and very much like a people person!! I'm so jealous! I'm still working my way out of my shell!

 
At June 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 4th of BEA? sounds like a holiday that I should have had off of work. I will tell my boss and see what he says about that.

 
At June 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM , Blogger Jana said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for commenting on my "Beyond the Blog" post, and for encouraging me to go for my goal of designing book covers!

Music is also a major passion in my life. I sing, but I don't promote it like you do! That's awesome! I didn't even know people did that. :) And I love that you used that to get into PR. I'm a very shy person, and envy your openness and way with people!

- Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home