This Page

has been moved to new address

Armchair BEA: Blogger Introduction

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Armchair BEA: Blogger Introduction

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Armchair BEA: Blogger Introduction

BEA is here! Yes, I know you're excited. Please breathe before you hyperventilate. Thanks. Anyways, to get started, here is a little introduction if you don't know me:
  1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? -Heyas all! If you weren't aware, my name is Preet. I have a background in Public Relations and on top of my love of books, I have a slight addiction to music,lyrics and pop culture. I've been blogging for a little over a year now. I got into blogging because one of my besties, Amanda, said I should. Since I enjoy writing and love learning more about books, I figured why not?
  2. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. -One time I accidentally ran over Danny Glover's foot. True story. 
  3. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? -Probably when authors give me playlists to use. I think music shows a lot about a personality. Plus, I love finding new bands I've never heard of and getting ridiculously obsessed with their music for weeks. 
  4. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?-I don't think I have one in particular. However, my favorites are the ones with random references imbeded because I always wonder if anyone else laughs at corny jokes since I usually find them hilarious when writing things. Yes, I probably would laugh at my own joke. 
  5. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?-I'm picking more than one. Character would be Noah Shaw(or really any boy/girl I have a book crush on) just so I can stare and fangirl. Authors would be(in no particular order): Tahereh Mafi, Michelle Hodkin and Cara Lynn Shultz. I pick them because from following them through various online sources, their personalities seem really fun and entertaining. 

Labels:

25 Comments:

At June 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I so agree with Noah Shaw! I'd like to meet him, ha. x) and Michelle Hodkin. she's so sweet, as is Tahereh Mafi!

great to meet you, Preet!

Ashelynn @ gypsy book reviews.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

I definitely agree with your statement that music can show a lot about a person's personality! I am a serious music lover...almost as much as I love books!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM , Anonymous Michelle Birbeck said...

I love getting into new bands! Especially when I'm writing and I can sit with my favourite song on repeat!
And eepp! How did you run over Danny Glover's foot?
Chelle

 
At June 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM , Blogger Obsession with Books said...

Wow, you ran over Danny Glover's foot!

I'd definitely be all fan girl with you with Noah Shaw ;)

http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/armchair-bea-introduction.html

 
At June 4, 2012 at 3:50 AM , Blogger Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I think music is a great way to connect what the author was feeling/thinking while writing. I love looking at their playlists and getting to know the book through that too. It adds another layer to the story!

Great to get to know you :)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Preet said...

I use an electric wheelchair to get around and was meeting him at some event I attended. Anyways, while getting my picture taken and parking in an appropriate spot, his foot got in the way of my chair. I honestly felt horrible and apologized repeatedly. So yes, my embarrassing celeb moment. -.-

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

LOL.. I think the Danny Glover story will serve you well for years to come. Hope you enjoy your week.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM , Blogger dollycas aka Lori said...

I am so happy I joined this event because I found your blog!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be following you all over, lol! I used to take part in a meme, Monday's Music Moves Me hosted by Xmas Dolly, you may enjoy it. Here's a link http://thenewxmasdolly.blogspot.com/2012/06/mondays-music-moves-me.html

I know this is going to be a fun week!!!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Preet said...

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check it out!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Bellezza said...

How interesting that you use playlists with your book blogging! What a great idea. Poor Danny, did he need a cast? :)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Preet said...

Oh my god, I'd be horrified if he did! He was okay though, I just caught him off guard.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Amanda @Stuck In YA Books said...

I love to put play lists on my blog! Awesome blog!
http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-about-me.html

 
At June 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Aneeqah said...

I follow Tahereh Mafi on Twitter, and she is super hilarious on there! I would definitely also like to meet her. =) I love how you incorporate music with books, that's so neat! Music is definitely important for authors, especially, when they're writing, so I also love how you share author's playlists! That's such a neat feature.

It was great to learn more about you! Have fun during Armchair BEA!

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

 
At June 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM , Anonymous Jae said...

Okay, I gotta ask, what's the story behind Danny Glover's foot? :)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

I'm already giggling. Anyone who says "true story" is funny in my book. Ha!

Totally gotta peep your playlists- what a cool feature!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Preet said...

I met him at this event I attended years ago. Anyways, I was moving near him to take a photo(I use an electric wheelchair) and because I'm a total fail around people, I accidentally ran over his foot. -.- He was fine though. I apologized many, many times. Please don't judge me. :P

 
At June 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Preet said...

Yes! I amuse someone! You've made my day, hehe.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger smiling_ina said...

You seriously ran over Danny Glover's foot? Did you talk to him afterward? ;)

Gosh, I love author's playlists!!! It gives you so much more inside into the characters and the story itself, I find. Plus, like you, I LOVE discovering new bands. :D

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & have a great ArmchairBEA week!!!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

How come I've never heard this mention of Danny Glover?!?! Did his foot survive. (Did you have spikes on the wheels?)

I am also disappointed you didn't mention Karsten Knight as an author to dine with..REALLY!? :P

 
At June 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

The period after "survive" should be a "?", obviously...

 
At June 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Preet said...

I think Danny Glover was during our lost time possibly? Oh my god, I DID totally forget Karsten! Though he's that author crush that's kind of secretive because I haven't read his book yet, haha. Plus, I don't think anyone but you would truly understand my love for that man. Now I'm totally disappointed and want to redo this question. DO OVER!

 
At June 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Preet said...

If you count profusely apologizing and freaking out as talking, then yes we talked. Well he did sign something for me, but ended up spelling my name wrong anyways. I think that was his way of getting back at me, haha.

I agree! I get so much off of music playlists. I feel like it adds a whole new layer of emotion to a book.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Devan @ Book Strings said...

Thanks for visiting me today. So glad to have a fellow book blogger as company on my job hunting boat. It truly has been a bumpy ride so far, hopefully the rest of this year will be smooth sailing. Music can be just as addicting as reading. Love your header btw.

 
At June 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books said...

You ran over Danny Glover's foot?! I think that's the best detail about anyone I've seen all day haha. My old roommate's mother one almost hit Robert DeNiro with her car. These poor stars haha. And ohhh man if Noah Shaw were in front of me...I don't know what I'd do. Stare, freak out, probably try to not be held responsible for any of my actions.

Happy Armchair BEA, and lovely to "meet" you! (I've been a follower for awhile, but not sure if I've ever commented!)
My Armchair BEA Intro

 
At June 6, 2012 at 4:28 AM , Blogger Chrystal said...

I love seeing playlists with books, but I am terrible at creating a playlist for a book myself. LOL

Nice to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home