This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Review: Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey

Bar owner Kevin Kowalski is used to women throwing their phone numbers at him, but lately he’s more interested in finding a woman to settle down with. A woman like Beth Hansen. If only their first meeting hadn’t gone so badly...

Beth’s tending bar at a wedding when she comes face-to-face with a tuxedo-clad man she never thought she’d see again. She tries to keep her distance from Kevin but, by last call, she can’t say no to his too-blue eyes or the invitation back to his room. Then she slips out before breakfast without leaving a note and, despite their precautions, pregnant.

Kevin quickly warms to the idea of being a dad and to seeing where things go with Beth. After all, he’s not the player she thinks he is. But she’s not ready for a relationship and, given his reputation, it’s going to take a lot to convince her to go on a second date with the father of her child...


I only read this because I read the first and it really bothers me to not continue a series once I've started it. I had a really hard time finishing this one compared to the first book. I'm glad they made a story for Kevin because I enjoyed his character in the first book, but he didn't really have much development then.

I was still entertained by the whole Kowalski clan throughout the book. It made me wish I lived around a huge family! I loved their interactions and you could always see how everyone cared for each other. Kevin had a lot to do with my enjoyment of the book because he was always so sweet. Without giving up too much, Kevin was always a guy with a great heart who really didn't deserve to have a lot of things happen to him. However, I don't believe he deserved Beth because she bugged the begeezers out of me.

Sure, we all have our baggage, but she really overdid it. I could understand her hesitations for a while, but she was just so whiny throughout the book for me. Most of her complaints seemed really unwarranted and I really just wanted her to get over herself. I also wished there was a bit more development between Kevin and her in the beginning. I just didn't see why Kevin was so into her. Honestly, I felt bad for Kevin for the longest time because it always seemed like he was the lost puppy waiting to be loved.

I'd say if you read the first installment Undeniably Yours is a cute read for the family interaction and secondary characters. However, if you're looking for something as good as the first then I'd say hold off. Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin for providing me a copy for review!

Soundtrack:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2012 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Tabby said...

I read this one before I read any of the others and I have to agree with you just a little. I did enjoy the book though! The entire family is a riot! I felt this book lacked a little, I just couldn't put my finger on why & I think it is because I never read the other books lol.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Tabby @Insightful Minds
See my Review of Life on the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home