This Page

has been moved to new address

Masquerade Read-Along Week # 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Masquerade Read-Along Week # 2

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Masquerade Read-Along Week # 2


1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?

-I think it's because he feels a sense of responsibility to her. Plus, I think her personality before had a lot to do with it. She had a very charismatic way about her that made people gravitate to her. 
2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?

-I don't think he was right to do the things he did, but I also think he had good intentions. However, I don't see how he was protecting Heven and his identity when he took action.
3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?

-I thought Heven forgave Kimber pretty quickly for the things she said. I think Kimber was just insecure in a way. I think maybe there was some truth to what she said, but I think it was unreasonable to be jealous of it. Kimber could be the same way if she wanted to, but she decided to stay in the shadows herself. Well since Heven forgave her in an instant, I guess their friendship goes on normally.
4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?

-I think she can if she really wanted to. I know it would be hard, but there aren't really any reasons not to since everyone has been accepting. 
5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?
-I think her reaction is pretty understandable since he lied to her and it was something unbelievable. However, I don't know if I would go to the point of possible suicide when he changed and wasn't doing anything to hurt her.

5 Comments:

At April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Sorry for the confusion this week the link is on Cambria's blog. Great answers, I agree about Kimber I used to reslly liked her ih the beginning. I would be freaked out if my boyfriend revealed he was a hell hound. Thanks again for participating.

 
At April 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heven was pretty quick to forgive. Forgiveness is great, but it seems like she doesn't stand up for herself enough and I am afraid that things will not improve there.
I am so glad that you are participating. Great answers.

 
At April 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Candace said...

Yeah, I think Heven was a bit fast to forgive. But I think she'll have that in her memory forever and their friendship will never ever really be the same.

 
At April 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Cambria said...

Great answers this week! I think Heven was fast to forgive Kimber - part of me thinks she forgave her so fast because Heven doesn't have that many friends left since her "accident". I really don't think personally, I would have been so forgiving... I tend to hold grudges.... lol.

Thanks for joining in the read along this week!

 
At April 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Sarah Elizabeth said...

I think the jumping off the balcony was probably a bit dramatic. I'm not sure Heven is really conscious of what she's doing though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home