This Page

has been moved to new address

Follower Fridays #16

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Follower Fridays #16

Friday, April 27, 2012

Follower Fridays #16


Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her. 

A: Okay, I haven't completed the series, but the first person that came to mind for me was Brenna in Liz Reinhardt's Brenna Blixen series. She was awesome, witty and kickass...Then then Junk Miles (holy jeebus the arms...) happened and I wanted to bop her in the head until she stopped acting like a dummy. I hate when girl characters I admire start turning into people I shake my head at. However, I think she'll redeem herself in the last...I just need to read it. What about you all?

Edit: Wanted to clear up that this series is actually awesome! I love it even if I want to kick Brenna Blixen at times because the book makes me emotional for the characters. The series makes you care. So yes, it's a series to definitely check out!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At April 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM , Anonymous Androw said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM , Blogger Patricia said...

I haven't read those books yet, but maybe I should? *scratches head* I never really feel like characters manage to redeem themselves, though, so maybe not.. XD

Also, since I finally managed to forgive Google.. New GFC follower! :D

Patricia // My Hop

 
At April 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM , Blogger Bookingly Yours said...

Not a book I'm familiar with but I know how you feel about a character doing something you hate!

My answer is Anita Blake and here's why:
http://bookinglyyours.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday_27.html


Happy Friday! New Follower!!
iamjenai

 
At April 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM , Blogger Vegan YA Nerds said...

I haven't heard of the series but sounds like something I would be very annoyed at too!

 
At April 27, 2012 at 4:27 AM , Blogger Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haven't heard of that series, but might stay clear of it now as well!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

 
At April 27, 2012 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Naga said...

I haven't read this yet.. maybe i should, it sounds interesting ^^

Old follower :)
Ella
Drop by my Feature & Follow? :)

 
At April 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I am going to take Pree's commenting back...since I know she won't beat me..and plus I "know" you. I LOVED the series, but the main character is a bit of an idiot. The books definitely need read though. ;)

 
At April 27, 2012 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I am stopping by to encourage your followers to read Liz's books. :D (If you haven't already..noticed.)

Mostly I was curious what you were ranting about... >.>

Also, your GFC is dead. *pokes it a bit*

 
At April 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Preet said...

I feel horrible because I think I made the series sound bad, lol. It's actually definitely worth checking out because you feel so strongly for the characters!

 
At April 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Preet said...

It's a book worth checking out if you're in the genre! It's a favorite of mine.

 
At April 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Preet said...

You should check the series out if you're into the contemporary YA genre. The characters are really well thought out IMO.

 
At April 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Preet said...

Nooo Jessica! It's actually an awesome series that I really recommend if you enjoy contemporary YA! It has great character development and you really feel for the characters.

 
At April 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Preet said...

You totally should read the series Ella! It's awesome. I highly recommend it!

 
At April 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Priscilla TheGreat said...

Yeah, sometimes it's okay to hate a character so much that you want to hit them. It just means you're invested in the story!
My FF Post

And don't forget to enter to win a Kindle Fire. The LPP Kindle Fire giveaway ends Monday April 30th!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home