This Page

has been moved to new address

Truly. Madly. Deeply. You. by Cecilia Robert

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Truly. Madly. Deeply. You. by Cecilia Robert

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Truly. Madly. Deeply. You. by Cecilia Robert


"Four days before Valentine’s Day, Liese Hansfeld is determined to shut the door to her house, as well as her heart, for her annual four days of mourning her one true love. Little does she know her best friend Freytag Meier is just as determined to keep her from her ritual. He’s ready to pick the lock to her apartment door and camp in her living room if that’s what it takes. 
What Freytag isn’t prepared for is the surge of deep-rooted emotions he feels for Liese, but two things stand in his way: the grief and guilt she still clutches close to her heart, and a man who threatens to snatch Liese from under Frey’s watchful eye. Frey is determined to distract her into forgetting her pain. But is that enough to ease her grief, or help her see he can be more than her best friend?"

I regretted this book.  No, I didn't regret reading it silly people! I totally regretted not reading this sooner! I actually really wished I had read it during Valentine's Day for the full affect. I don't really know how, but this whole book is like a warm cup of cocoa on a winter night. Think of your ultimate comfort food and this book would be it.

Liese, our female lead, is going through something that you hope never happens to anyone. Throughout the book we're kept in suspense about knowing what and who she is mourning, but are given little clues up until the very end. I really felt for her character and understood all of her hesitations through the story. Our other main character named Frey is seriously the best friend any girl could ask for. He's so sweet and adorable that I just wanted to clone him and have one for myself. From beginning to end I always felt his love for her to be real and almost childlike. I was able to see that their relationship had a history to it.

The strongest aspect about this story was Robert's writing style. She was able to convey such an array of emotions in such a short period of time that always felt believable. Though the characters were going through hardships, they could still banter with one another and understand what the other was going through without anything said. There was also this underlying tension from the beginning of the book that also added to the emotion of the characters. It was something that was never really mentioned, but as a reader it was something I could always sense.

Seriously, the only issue I had with this book was that it wasn't longer. I wanted more from the characters because I felt for them. I finished feeling incomplete because this book was like a tease, haha. This short story has everything for a sweet romance lover. If you want a cute short read with characters you want to know or already know, I'd definitely pick this up in March!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Anonymous Mudiganti Shilpa said...

Beautiful review. I loved this book just like you. And you captured my feelings exactly!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Muoki Cece said...

Hi Preet, What a wonderful review! I am very happy you really enjoyed reading Liese and Frey's story. I fell in love with Frey too..haha. Thanks again. :)

 
At February 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM , Anonymous Muoki Cece said...

I clicked the button before I was ready to post.

Best
Cecilia

 
At February 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM , Anonymous Amanda @ Letters Inside Out said...

This book sounds so cuuuutttttteeeeeee!

 
At February 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Preet @ A Written Rhapsody said...

Glad to know I was successful! I was actually feeling like I could've rambled on more.

 
At February 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM , Anonymous Preet @ A Written Rhapsody said...

You'd finish it in a half hour, no problem! I want to hug the guy. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home