This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Notes: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Book Notes: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Monday, January 16, 2012

Book Notes: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


"Starting over sucks. 

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 

And then he opened his mouth. 

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is."

I've been patiently waiting for this book to come out, so I was crazy excited when I was able to get a copy off NetGalley a while back. I mean hello, what's not to like about hot looking aliens? Though I love me some alien eye candy, I'll be honest; this book fell below my expectations.

I know a lot of people love the idea of a character being a book blogger, but it came off kind of cheesy to me. It was fun to see little shout outs to different memes and know what the character was talking about, but a part of me couldn't help being bothered by it at the same time. Other than that, I found Katy to be fairly realistic and enjoyed reading about her.

Daemon. I wanted to like him, really, I did. He was a hot, douchebaggery(It's a word, just go with me.) mess. As I read though, there was just something missing about him for me to put him up on my list of potential literary boyfriends(Don't pretend you all don't have one, I know you do). I think a lot had to do with the characters going so back and forth with their emotions.  Though I had my issues, I enjoyed Katy and Dee's relationship most about the book. Dee was probably my favorite character because she was so cute and bubbly.

Overall, there were some great scenes written in the book. Armentrout definitely has a way with words when writing action and steamy scenes. I will say that I was a bit confused by the ending with the way it was worded, but I wouldn't say it was something that ruined the book by any means. Being a huge alien fan, it isn't a book I would read repeatedly, but it was a fun getaway read.  If you're looking for a thriller Roswell-esque type of book, Obsidian would be right up your alley!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home