This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Notes:The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Written Rhapsody: Book Notes:The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Book Notes:The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking

Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)Torn (Trylle Trilogy, Book 2)Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)"When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth.

With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of."

I actually read this book a while back but decided to put my review up for it since I thought it was worth mentioning. At first I was honestly kind of hesitant to read it when I heard it being about trolls. I imagined the creepy doll I had as a kid with the crazy green hair and pink jeweled belly button walking around. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the barefoot semi-human alternative this story used instead. Hocking did a great job of engaging me and pulling me into the storyline to find out what would happen next. She was able to keep up suspenseful moments without drawing them out for too long. My only real issue with the book was the character of Wendy. Without giving too much away, her character was massively annoying to me. I felt like she continually whined about her life. Yeah ok, I understand that her mom was cuckoo for cocoa puffs and that'll mess you up a bit, but it was like she felt because of that one instance, she was able to justify the way she acted. No, I'm sorry Wendy but we all have problems so you need to stop being a jerkface, thanks.

Though I had issues with characters, there were others that redeemed the book for me and kept me reading. I kept wanting to be a part of their crowd and take part in their activities. The storyline overall was pretty entertaining and kept me interested throughout the books. There were a few areas where I thought there could be a bit more development, but it wasn't a real issue to the story itself. Also, I'll jut say Hocking has her way with words to make a simple kissing scene into something that could almost make you blush and get nervous butterflies just by reading it. If you're looking for a light and fun read that is also incredibly affordable, I'd say give the Trylle Trilogy a try.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 12, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Alisa @ thenovelnook said...

If the covers weren't appealing enough, your review/notes on the trilogy make it sound like a good read. Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to check them out :)

the Novel Nook

 
At June 12, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still heart this series, but I agree certain things Wendy does are so annoying..lol. You need to read her other series..I also have her newest book I can lend you once I finish reading it.

BTW, you heart me. Surprise :P

Amanda @ Letters Inside Out

 
At June 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Angela's Anxious Life said...

I have been wanting to read this!! I am a fellow member from New Books for New Bloggers stopping by to say hi!

Angie

XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home